Frozen and freezer food display case LED lighting
How to create sleek, modern and efficient frozen display cases using LED lighting.
The selection of refrigerated display cases in the frozen section is as varied as the frozen food contained within. From cases with full glass doors and half-door verticals to open belly or well cases. Nualight has helped many retailers and supermarkets to convert poorly lit freezers into optimised merchandising locations.
As frozen food is often kept behind a glass doors for efficiency reasons, this is an immediate physical barrier between the customer and the produce. Therefore, the lighting needs to provide clarity and enhanced visibility for customers.
Nualight LED solutions are particularly suited to the freezer environment due to the slim profiles and high efficiency output of the luminaires within the lower temperature environments. Traditional T8 fluorescents tend to be bulky and obstruct the customers and employees access to the produce and often fail due to the low freezer temperatures, this negatively impact on energy usage, customer experience and maintenance efforts.
Nualight LED solutions help a retailer to portray their desired ambience and experience throughout the store. As LEDs are very directional, the solutions are designed to minimise glare whilst creating a highly uniform light output, eliminating dark spots and increasing the packaging’s vibrancy and visibility.
Points to consider for applying LED in frozen display cases:
- The higher CRI and increased light output displays products with more vibrancy and life, attracting attention to the frozen goods and packaging. A cooler crisp light >5000K will help customers to absorb the packaging and merchandising information with increased visibility.
- When stores are restocking, slimmer LED profiles are less likely to be damaged than bulky traditional T8 luminaires, resulting in fewer maintenance issues.
- Nualight solutions can help to save on energy costs and maintenance efforts. Our solutions have long operating lifetimes proven up to 50,000 hours but in some cases can exceed this up to 100,000 hours, often outlasting the lifetime of the case. and lower power consumption compared to traditional lighting.
- Nualight LED offers an improved beam angle with targeted optics spreading more light across the front of the case.
- Traditional T8 solutions are not designed to withstand temperatures of -30C, this causes them to fail. Nualight LED solutions remove this reliability issues as they are designed to operate at lower temperatures.
- The merchandising impact and perceived customer experience is improved with Nualight LED solutions due to the even uniformity of solutions and elimination of dark spots often prevalent with low quality LED or traditional lighting.