- Nualight is founded in Cork, Ireland by Dr. Liam Kelly who starts to explore the applications for new LED technology
- Nualight a pioneers the use of LED technology within the refrigeration case sector
- The first refrigeration portfolio is designed – Vantium
- Nualight expands its sales presence in Germany and throughout Europe
- Vantium wins Best Innovation at Lightfair
- Continue to co-develop solutions for Europe largest refrigeration OEM and door manufacturers including Linde Kaltetechnik, Schott and Remis.
- Nualight proves its rollout and project management competency by winning Europe’s largest LED refrigeration retrofit for Tesco
- Nualight is the supplier of choice for Europe’s leading retailers and curates a 90% market share of refrigeration lighting in Switzerland
- As retailers outline their plans for carbon reduction and energy savings, Nualight is named the exclusive refrigeration lighting supplier to Sainsbury’s
- Nualight who had already pioneered the use of LED within the retail environment recognised their customers’ frustration when they could not transport the benefits they had realised from within the store to their own warehouses and manufacturing plants. Nualight acquires Dutch company Lumoluce/ Lumotech and starts to develop an industrial and full-store retail portfolio
- Nualight expands its ODM service with an exclusive co-development partner for Hussmann Inc. the #1 USA OEM and launches a refrigeration lighting range specifically for the North America
- Nualight continues to grow in commercial and industrial applications and complete Europe’s largest parking and C&C retrofit project – Schipol airport
- Continue to supply leading retailers as Nualight delivers Europe’s largest convenience retrofit for Spar UK
- Nualight delivers further lighting innovations for both sectors of the business. The portfolio for refrigeration case lighting is bolstered with a new premium family – Perfino. Perfino sets a new benchmark for performance and continues to provide a best in class colour solution today. The industrial portfolio now includes a lightweight high-bay flagship range- Arc.
- A new management team led by Peter Mazalon, Robert Sweet and David Dawkins conducts a full audit of business activities.
- As a result of the review, Nualight pulls back from certain segments in order to invest in the core strength areas of lighting for refrigerated display cases and industrial applications.
- Nualight closes sales offices in Switzerland and begins to phase out the full-store retail portfolio.
- Nualight announces sale of Lumotech’s LED driver business to Fulham Company Group.
- Nualight offer a comprehensive refrigeration case lighting portfolio with two new families. Launches include a highly efficient and industry leading Orion range with efficacies of up to 120 lm/w and Arctic, a specialist LED tube for refrigeration and low temperatures ideal for retrofits.
- The Titan range continues to evolve with new reference sites in collaboration with Q-Park and Parking Matters.
- Nualight strengthen the reseller network with approved partners servicing Scandinavia and Oceania.
- Nualight adds further manufacturing capabilities from Asia to its existing European and American operations.
- Launch of the powerfully efficient, lightweight & progressive ARC 2. A next generation, robust and high performing solution with efficacies up to 140 lm/W and an exceptionally long rated lifetime up to 100,000 hours.
- First projects for Orion include Hyperama Wholesale and smaller retailer retrofits.
- A comprehensive portfolio enables leading French retailer Auchan to retrofit existing cases to realise major energy saving targets and colour rich displays
- Kings Cross developments select Nualight as the preferred supplier for all new indoor car parks being built as part of the Kings cross regeneration scheme.